|June 8, 2012|
The 2012 FRESH Curators are Fred Bidwell (collector) and Darren Ching (owner at Klompching Gallery). This year, FRESH is partnering with two innovative media enterprises: BLINK magazine and Flak Photo.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
• Submissions must be received by the deadline.
• Artists must be at least 18 years of age at time of submission.
• Artists must own, unencumbered, the copyright to photographs submitted.
• The curators’ decisions are final.
• Only the artworks selected will be exhibited and no substitutions will be allowed.
• Selected artists are responsible for costs incurred in mounting/framing and shipping artworks to the gallery.
• The gallery is responsible for the return shipping of artworks to the artist.
• Selected artists give permission for the use of their images in the promotion of Fresh 2012.
• By submitting to Fresh 2012, artists agree to the above terms and conditions.
WHAT FRESH IS LOOKING FOR
Submissions of single bodies of work that demonstrate a consistent vision, originality, excellence in craftsmanship and a strong viewpoint. We are looking for the very best examples of new contemporary fine art photography.
WHAT FRESH IS AWARDING
The Wall Three to five photographers will be selected for exhibition, affording each artist an extraordinary opportunity to show their work at the Klompching Gallery, one of New York City’s highly regarded galleries for contemporary fine art photography.
The Page The exhibited photographers will be published in a four-page feature in BLINK Magazine, the acclaimed “go-to” magazine for contemporary photography.
The Internet The exhibited photographers will be featured on Flak Photo (Flak Photo Stories), the popular social media site promoting visual culture.
Additionally Ten highly commended photographers will be showcased on the Klompching Gallery website and all submissions will be considered for the Gallery Print Room.
FRESH exhibition: July 25—August 18, 2012
Opening reception: July 25, 6:00pm—9:00pm
• Submission must be recived by June 8, 2012 (midnight PDT).
FRESH Submission Requirements
• Open to all photographers worldwide.
• One submission per photographer.
• 6—10 photographs from one body of work.
• Completed online Submission Form.
FRESH Digital File Specifications
• Image files must be RGB jpegs, 72dpi, 1000 pixel max. height/width.
• Files to be named as: surname_initial_#.jpeg
• Naming Example: Smith_J_01.jpeg, Smith_J_02.jpeg, Smith_J_03.jpeg
FRESH Submission Steps/Fee
• Prepare and name image files.
• Write the artist statement – maximum 150 words (for copying into the online form).
• Complete the online Submission Form.
• Complete the online payment of $40.
June 8 Submission deadline.
June 22 Selected photographers notified.
July 16-17 Delivery of framed photographs to Klompching Gallery. Selected photographers are responsible for framing and shipping to the gallery.
July 21-22 Installation of the exhibition.
July 25 Opening Reception.
August 21-22 Framed photographs returned to photographers (Gallery responsible for return shipping).