The Lunch Box Gallery is pleased to announce the call for submissions for its SUMMER PHOTO SHOW 2011. The exhibit will be displayed from September 10th to October 4th of the same year.
The Lunch Box Gallery is a small but vibrant and cutting edge space founded in 2011 and located in the popular Wynwood Art District of Miami. Its mission is to show and support the work of emerging regional, national and international artists of all media, with a particular emphasis on contemporary photography and its new trends; and where styles like conceptual, fine art, documentary and mixed media photography are subjects of exploration.
The Lunch Box Gallery also provides a venue for dialogue across all art forms, with the idea of creating a link between the community and the artists, and therefore bringing a deeper appreciation and perceptiveness of photography through exhibitions, discussions and lectures.
Eligibility and Restrictions
The competition is open to all artists, both professionals and amateurs, emerging and established, national and international over 18 years of age, working in all mediums of photography including any mixed-media art that utilizes photography as one of its forms of expression. All photographic mediums, methods, types and schools are welcome.
The Lunch Box Gallery is looking for works of insightful conceptual ideals materialized through exceptional craftsmanship, intended to represent fascinating takes and views in photography nowadays. The thought behind the image of the artist is very important in this show, yet as important as the final visible result. The range is vast: going from curious images to conceptual or documentary photographs, artist and photographers can submit a cohesive body of work or individual images, and an artist statement if applies.
A non-refundable entry fee of $25.00 is required for submitting up to 4 images. There is a $5.00 fee for each additional JPG, and the limit of images per submission is 10. Payment should be made via PayPal.
1) Pay fees: Applicants must visit www.thelunchboxgallery.com, click on the â€œCall for Entriesâ€ tab and then click on the â€œPay Nowâ€ button. In the scroll down, applicants must choose the amount they would like to pay according to the amount of images they will submit. There is no need to have a PayPal account to pay through the â€œPay Nowâ€ button. Please make sure the name under your payment matches the name on your entry form.
2) Send Entry Form: Please complete the entry form located in The Lunch Box Gallery website and send it via email with your JPEG files to firstname.lastname@example.org. If applies, please include the artist statement. Images must be titled with last and first name and title (For example: SmithLaura_Title). Please submit JPEGs with a resolution of 72dpi and no more than 1000 pixels long dimension. Entry forms that are received without previous payment will be automatically dismissed.
Commissions and exhibition terms
The selected artists will be featured in a group exhibition at the Lunch Box Gallery, September 10, 2011 â€“ October 4, 2011. All works in the show must be for sale. The gallery will take a 30% commission on all sales in the course of the exhibit. Sale price is determined by the artist. Please reflect the commission rate in the retail price of the work.
All submitting artists will receive notification of the gallery decision via email by Aug 23, 2011.
– Aug 21, 2011 â€“ Due date for artwork submissions
– Aug 23, 2011 â€“ Notification of galleryâ€™s decision via email
– Sept 6, 2011 â€“ Deadline for artwork receiving at The Lunch Box Gallery
– Sept 10, 2011 â€“ Exhibit opens from 5:00pm to 11:00pm. Regular gallery hours: Monday â€“ Saturday from 11:00am to 5:00pm.
– Oct 4, 2011 â€“ Exhibition closes
– Oct 10 â€“ Oct 22, 2011 â€“ Pick-up/return of artwork