|March 2, 2012|
Wednesday, February 1 – Submissions open
Friday, March 2 – Submissions due at 11:59 pm EST
Thursday, April 5 – Selected photographers notified
Tuesday, April 10 – Public announcement of selected photographers
Friday, May 25 – Included artwork due at the PRC
Tuesday, June 5 – Exhibition opens
Thursday, June 7 – Opening reception at the PRC with juror
Wednesday, July 18 – Exhibition closes
Friday, August 3 – Deadline for removal of work
Alison Nordström to Jury This Year’s Entries
Juror Alison Nordström will select work by ten contemporary photographers to exhibit their work in the PRC Gallery for the seventeenth iteration of the PRC’s highly regarded annual juried exhibition.
Alison Nordström is Curator of Photographs and Director of Exhibitions at George Eastman House, the oldest and largest museum of photography in the United States. She was the Founding Director and Senior Curator of the Southeast Museum of Photography in Daytona Beach, Florida from 1991 to 2002. She has curated over 100 exhibitions of photography including the popular biennial series, Fresh Work, and major surveys of landscape, portraiture, travel photographs and journalism. At George Eastman House, she initiated the contemporary biennial, Vital Signs, and curated exhibitions on New Topographics, Eugene Atget, American portraits, the photographic negative, and Lewis Hine, currently on tour in Europe. She writes and lectures extensively on contemporary and historical photography. Nordström holds a BA in English Literature, an MLS with museum emphasis, and a PhD in Cultural and Visual Studies.
• Ten entries selected by juror will be invited to exhibit in the Exposure 2012 exhibition, June 5 – July 18, 2012.
• Best of Show: Selected by juror from winning entries. $500 cash prize.
• Staff Picks: PRC staff will select two entries to be exhibited in Loupe, the journal of the PRC, and in NEO, the PRC’s monthly online gallery.
* Entry fee is $35. You may submit more than one entry.
* You must download and read submission instructions available on our website for complete details on submitting work. (See link below) This information will be available starting February 1.
* You must be a member of the PRC through July 31, 2012 in order to enter EXPOSURE 2012.
* Artists are asked to submit up to ten images and an artist statement online.
* If you have been chosen in any of the past five EXPOSURE exhibitions, you are not eligible to enter EXPOSURE 2012.
* You are required to adhere to all published schedules, specifications, and guidelines. Not doing so will disqualify your entry, and your entry fee will not be refunded.
If you are selected as a winner:
* You are required to deliver your work to the PRC for exhibition and pick up from the PRC following the exhibition according to published dates. If you cannnot deliver and pick up the work personally, you will need to arrange and pay for shipping.
* You are responsible for delivering the work suitable for hanging.
* You are encouraged, but not required, to attend the opening reception with the juror.