Theme: The color Red is a psychologically powerful color that resonates with more cultures than other colors. But Red is not just a color. Red is symbolic, culturally, emotionally, politically, financially, and physically. Red is danger, fire, sex, love, speed, heat, anger, passion, arrogance, blood, revolution, war, wealth, purity, mourning, strength and so much more. The Center is looking for images that not only describe how Red looks, but describe what Red mean, how it feels, and who it describes.
Amber Terranova â€“ Photo Editor for Photo District News.
Exhibition and Awards: With selection for this exhibition, artists and their work will be seen by an international audience of collectors, curators, art consultants and others who appreciate the fine art of photography.
* Juror’s Selection Award: $300
* Director’s Selection Award: $200
* Honorable Mention Award: $100
* Gallery Visitor’s Choice Award: $100
* All exhibitors are included in the Center’s online gallery
Eligibility: The exhibition is open to photographers world wide, both amateur and professional. The Center for Fine Art Photography invites photographers working in all mediums, styles and schools of thought to participate in its exhibitions. Experimental and mixed techniques are welcome.
* Entries due: February 16, 2010
* Notice of acceptance: February 26, 2010
* Exhibition dates: April 23 â€“ May 22, 2010
* Artists’ and Public Reception: May 7, 2010
* The entry fee for non-members is $35 USD for the first three images.
* The entry fee for members of The Center for Fine Art Photography is $20.00 USD for 3 images.
* Additional images may be submitted for $10 each. There is no limit to the number of images that may be submitted.Applicants signing up for membership at the time they submit their work for jurying may become a member and meet the entry fee for a total of $77.00 USD.