Deadline May 29, 2010
An international exhibition of photographic art
at the elegant Lyceum Theatre Gallery in
San Diego’s historic Gaslamp Quarter
Exhibition: August 28 â€“ November 7, 2010
Opening Reception Gala: August 28th 6-9 pm!
Judge: Natasha Egan
Associate Director and Curator at the Museum of
Contemporary Photography in Chicago
Producer: Steven Churchill
The Art of Photography Show 2010 is a world-class international exhibition of photographic art which occured from August 28 through November 7, 2010 at the elegant two-level Lyceum Theatre Gallery, a perfect venue for exhibiting a large showcase of awesome photographic art. One of the distinguishing characteristics of this competition and exhibition is that our judge is always a highly acclaimed museum curator or director. The 2009 competition surpassed our expectations, attracting entries from 57 countries. We are working hard to make the 2010 show our best yet!
Check out a special PDF of information about the Art of Photography Show by clicking here.
This is the sixth year of this photographic exhibition. Our mission for this annual project is to create an exceptional presentation of photographic art and a very special cultural offering for the city of San Diego. Our other key goal is to encourage excellence among photographic artists and to provide a great forum for the exhibition and sale their work. We will be pursuing a vigorous marketing and publicity campaign, to bring maximum media attention to the artists who are juried into the exhibition. Our great love of this art form (and being photographic artists ourselves) prompts us to ‘pull out all of the stops’ in order to showcase a truly excellent presentation of photographic art, to elevate and promote this art form, and to provide substantial benefits to the exhibiting artists.
$10,000 in Awards
$2,000 1st Place Award
$1,600 2nd Place Award
$1,200 3rd Place Award
$ 800 4th Place Award
$ 400 (11) HM Awards
* Substantial Tangible Benefits
* Intensive marketing and sales plans are underway, resulting in 30,000+ people viewing the Show
* Broad publicity strategy will bring considerable media attention to the art and the artists
* The opening reception will be a world class event, with many buyers/collectors in attendance
* An elegant Show Catalog will be printed, which will be a great marketing tool for the artists
* Being selected by Natasha Egan is an extremely significant accomplishment, very valuable for one’s bio